Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

How do I decrease the sensitivity of the Aruba CX 6100 to poor coms due to a poor cable?

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  How do I decrease the sensitivity of the Aruba CX 6100 to poor coms due to a poor cable?

Posted 19 hours ago
    We replace a couple dozen HP Procurve 2530 and older switches with Aruba CX6100.   Certain devices are loosing communications ever minute or so.  The final solution is to rerun the cables.  BUT that can't be done quickly.   Far quicker would be to tweak the switches.

The symptom is devices show ping works for a while (30 seconds to 5 min) then they get appear to have their traffic blocked for 1-60 seconds.   Then they are find for a while.   Some ports show in the log various   up and  down  for the port.   Other ports doing the same show nothing in the log and error counts are 0.

Running a cable diagnostic shows problem pairs.  We are a production facility.  I can't get new cables run quickly enough to support the 

My current work around is have them use wireless.   If they can't do that, I hang an old HP switch off the Aruba switch to support the few devices that are on problem cabling.

I am fairly new to the AOS-CX.  Had switch for 6 months.  Have used Cisco before the HP Procurves so have some experience in a similar OS.
    First time doing a deep dive into troubleshooting.

I tried setting all the fault-monitor stuff to notify only.   I expect there is something similar to force the port to stay up.
    How do I decrease the sensitivity of the Aruba CX 6100 to poor coms due to a poor cable?

• 2.  RE: How do I decrease the sensitivity of the Aruba CX 6100 to poor coms due to a poor cable?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 14 hours ago

You may try setting the ports to 100Mbps, if that is where they were set to on the 2530.

Further, working with Aruba support and see if they know a solution may work.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------