Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to assign more than 254 addresses to wireless users in standalone controller(Aruba9240)

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  How to assign more than 254 addresses to wireless users in standalone controller(Aruba9240)

Posted Nov 27, 2023 04:58 AM

Hi, i am Chang Aruba Reseller Partner in korea republic of

I have a question about Local DHCP Server of Aruba9240

My customer wants to configure dhcp pool using prefix 23(255.255.254.0) for user's network range.

So, I deployed local dhcp server of controller in my Lab, but I couldn't have it more than 254 addresses.

Is there any other way to have it accommodate more than 254 addresses in ONE WLAN.

ex) getting a couple of vlans into one ssid 

ex) or using prefix 23 in dhcp server

ex) any other way that can make it have many users(devices) more than 254 addresses

Thank you

Plus,

and whoever helps me to configure local radius server in Aruba9240(8.10.0.8 LSR), for there is no examination of configuration of it

Thank you so much

• 2.  RE: How to assign more than 254 addresses to wireless users in standalone controller(Aruba9240)
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 27, 2023 08:38 AM
    1. Best practice is to utilize a DHCP server on the network when available, not the gateway.
    2. Use a VLAN pool to allow multiple VLANs to be assigned to a VAP or user-role.
    3. There is not a local RADIUS server in the gateway to be configured.

------------------------------
    Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110

• 3.  RE: How to assign more than 254 addresses to wireless users in standalone controller(Aruba9240)

Posted Feb 14, 2024 04:13 AM

I figured it out what problem was about.

and anyway There was also a local Radius Server In the gateway to be configured 

thank you

• 4.  RE: How to assign more than 254 addresses to wireless users in standalone controller(Aruba9240)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 14, 2024 10:49 AM

What was your solution?

And the local RADIUS server doesn't have configuration.  You can, in AOS 8, configure the internal user database and authenticate against that, and yes, that uses RADIUS but there's no configuration of the server involved.

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110