Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

How to Configuration SNMP V3 ACL on Aruba CX Switch

This thread has been viewed 38 times
  • 1.  How to Configuration SNMP V3 ACL on Aruba CX Switch

Posted Jul 19, 2023 01:13 AM

Hi Community,

Is anyone familiar with configuring SNMPv3 ACLs on Aruba CX? I attempted to apply an ACL on SNMP V3 but could not find the command. or does Aruba CX use other features instead of ACL?

• 2.  RE: How to Configuration SNMP V3 ACL on Aruba CX Switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 20, 2023 03:01 AM

Hello,

ACLs are supported on Aruba switches, the command to configure ACLs is "access-list":
    6200(config)# access-list ip TEST_ACL
    This would send you to an ACL configuration context and you can configure your ACL to restrict/allow the various networks or host you want. If your goal is to block SNMP you can configure something similar:
    access-list ip TEST_ACL
        10 deny udp 10.10.1.1 eq snmp 10.10.1.100
        20 deny udp 10.10.1.1 eq snmp-trap 10.10.1.100
        30 permit any any any

Or is your goal to push configuration(ACL configuration) to your switch via SNMP? 

------------------------------
    Toni

• 3.  RE: How to Configuration SNMP V3 ACL on Aruba CX Switch

Posted Feb 08, 2024 11:05 AM

Hi!
    As it seems to me the question was about snmpv3 protection with acl, so that not everyone could poll Switch, but only Monitoring Server and computers from the network of administrators.

Now I have such a task in front of me, but the only thing I managed to find is how to bind acl to snmp-server community, which is relevant for snmp v2a. https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/AOS-CX/10.07/HTML/5200-7834/Content/Chp_SNMP/SNMP_cmds/snmp-ser-com-acs-lst.htm.

I  have not found a similar document for AOS-CX version 10.12 or 10.13 either. Maybe in newer versions of AOS-CX there is a possibility to bind acl to snmpv3 settings.

• 4.  RE: How to Configuration SNMP V3 ACL on Aruba CX Switch

Posted Feb 12, 2024 03:38 AM

We do not support SNMPv3 ACLs on CX Switches. Since SNMPv3 has its own security , ACL was not been in practice .

Shobana
    Aruba