Location Services

View Only
last person joined: 9 days ago 

Location-based mobile app development and Bluetooth-based asset tracking with Meridian. Gathering analytics and business intelligence from Wi-Fi with Analytics and Location Engine (ALE).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to enable Fine Timing Measurement Responder in AP-535

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  How to enable Fine Timing Measurement Responder in AP-535

Posted Jun 20, 2023 03:35 PM

The data sheet states that the capability exists (see 802.11mc Fine Timing Measurement (FTM) for precision
    distance ranging on p.4) but it does not appear to be enabled by default.  How is this feature enabled?

• 2.  RE: How to enable Fine Timing Measurement Responder in AP-535

Posted Jun 20, 2023 06:26 PM

Hi,

as per instructions i received, you need to enable it as below.

But  you have to manually calculate coordinates as  we discussed in the CLI commands for setting static Location information in AP post. There is also Explanation by Jens how you can play around with it.  Selflocating is not yet posible as per Jens Fluegel and it will be enabled in next Aruba Central. I don't know if they will also it possible for Instant cluster without central.

Calculation of location can be done like it is explained here: https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-thomson-geopriv-3825bis-03.html 

I will now try to enable it on the second AP as it obviously needs to be done separately on each AP right now, not just the master in IAP cluster. Result will be posted in the topic i mentioned

Enabling:

IAP615_LCI_chamb# configure t

IAP615_LCI_chamb (config) # wlan ssid-profile 615_IAP

IAP615_LCI_chamb (SSID Profile "615_IAP") # ftm-responder-enable

IAP615_LCI_chamb (SSID Profile "615_IAP") # advertise-location

IAP615_LCI_chamb (SSID Profile "615_IAP") # end

IAP615_LCI_chamb# commit apply