Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 5 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to monitor Aruba Conductor via SNMP for Number of connected APs and users?

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  How to monitor Aruba Conductor via SNMP for Number of connected APs and users?

Posted 21 days ago

Hi,

I do have a Aruba Virtual Conductor (8.10.0.12 LSR), two 9004 Controller and two 9240 Controller.

I want to monitor the number/count of connected APs and Clients from the Conductor via SNMP. Is it possible and if, then how? The GUI displays the information, but I dont get it by SNMP.

I tried the aruba-wlan,my and several others, but still no result. For Example (result as zero...):

GUI:

optionally: If it is possible it would be nice to monitor all the connected Access Points , maybe there is a table for that?

Edit:
    CLI provides following information:
    But how can I access these information via SNMP?

I don't want to monitor the 4 Controllers as I want to monitor the sum of all APs and users over all both Controller Clusters.

Thanks and kind regards

Robert

Edit:
    Rest API Call would also be okay. I tried with a API showcommand, but I do not know how to filter it or how to get single value from that...

Does not work with '...' like in the example:
    C:\_IT>curl -b "aruba-cookie" -X GET -i --header "X-CSRF-Token:MzNhODJhYzYtZTQzNi00NDE2LThlMDctZTgw" '"https://v-it142.ewr.local:4343/v1/configuration/showcommand?command=show+ap+database-summary"&filter=[ { "AP Database Summary" : { "$eq" : "Total Up" } } ]'
    curl: (3) URL rejected: Port number was not a decimal number between 0 and 65535
    Der Befehl "filter" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
    konnte nicht gefunden werden.

without '...' the filter error still occurs:
    C:\_IT>curl -b "aruba-cookie" -X GET -i --header "X-CSRF-Token:MzNhODJhYzYtZTQzNi00NDE2LThlMDctZTgw" https://v-it142.ewr.local:4343/v1/configuration/showcommand?command=show+ap+database-summary&filter=[ { "Object" : { "$eq" : "Total Up" } } ]
    or
    C:\_IT>curl -b "aruba-cookie" -X GET -i --header "X-CSRF-Token:MzNhODJhYzYtZTQzNi00NDE2LThlMDctZTgw" https://v-it142.ewr.local:4343/v1/configuration/showcommand?command=show+ap+database-summary&filter=[{"AP Database Summary" : { "$eq" : "Total Up" } } ]
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2024 13:18:05 GMT
    Server: Apache
    Expires: 0
    X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
    X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
    X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge;IE=11;IE=10;IE=9
    Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000
    Set-Cookie: SESSION=OWRhMDcyY2QtODdiNy00ZGQwLTgyY2MtNGM1; path=/; HttpOnly; SameSite=Lax;;Secure;
    Content-Length: 2244
    Content-Type: application/json

{
      "AP Database Summary": [
        {
          "AP Mode": "Access Points",
          "Active Up": "0",
          "RAP Down": "0",
          "RAP Rebooting*": "0",
          "RAP Up": "0",
          "RAP Upgrading*": "0",
          "Standby Up": "0",
          "Total Down": "1",
          "Total Rebooting*": "0",
          "Total Up": "96",                      <== I want to monitor THIS value !
          "Total Upgrading*": "0"
        },
      "_meta": [
        "AP Mode",
        "Total Up",
        "Total Down",
        "Total Upgrading*",
        "Total Rebooting*",
        "RAP Up",
        "RAP Down",
        "RAP Upgrading*",
        "RAP Rebooting*",
        "Active Up",
        "Standby Up"
      ]
    }Der Befehl "filter" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder

Edit 2:
    show global-user-table count could be the solution for User count, but also here the filter does not work. I need the value only

C:\_IT>curl -b "aruba-cookie" -X GET -i --header "X-CSRF-Token:NDk4M2RjZjgtMTNlOS00OTJmLWIwOGYtODkx" https://v-it142.ewr.local:4343/v1/configuration/showcommand?command=show+global-user-table+count &filter=[{"OBJECT" : { "$eq" : "The number of global users" }}]
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2024 14:39:35 GMT
    Server: Apache
    X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
    X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
    X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge;IE=11;IE=10;IE=9
    Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000
    Set-Cookie: SESSION=YWNkNmI2Y2ItODlkMi00NzI3LWE4OWMtMWQ2; path=/; HttpOnly; SameSite=Lax;;Secure;
    Content-Length: 59
    Content-Type: application/json

{
      "_data": [
        "The number of global users : 150"                           <== I want to monitor THIS value !
      ]
    }Der Befehl "filter" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder

• 2.  RE: How to monitor Aruba Conductor via SNMP for Number of connected APs and users?

Posted 2 hours ago

Push...

Anyone an idea?