Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

How to Share multiple VRFs Between Two L3 switches connected using routed interfaces

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  How to Share multiple VRFs Between Two L3 switches connected using routed interfaces

Posted Mar 07, 2023 01:42 PM

Hi Dears

I have two L3 switches in different sites  connected to each other  using WAN Link from an MPLS provider, the first site L3 switch is connected to ISP using a Private IP address, there is a Public IP subnet leased from the ISP, and the Public IP is routed over the WAN Link to the Site-2 switch, in the second site there is firewall connected to the switch using the leased Public IP address, there is OSPF running between site-1 and site-2 and firewall so all route hubs are defined on the routing table including the default route to the ISP from the Site-1 

the firewall forward all traffic to the site-2 L3 Switch  and the Site-2 forwards all traffic to Site-1 L3 switch and site-1 L3 switch forwards traffic to the ISP

I want to lease another Public IP range from another ISP in the same L3 switch in site-1 and use it in the same second  site firewall in the same  pattern but I found that I couldn't do it using the same default VRF while I was planning I found that I could not share multiple VRFs between L3 switches using same routing mechanism that I am using now
    The attached topology provides a general view of my network.

I need help with what I can do to make it possible and which technologies I should use.

The used Switches 6300M

Thanks

<quillbot-extension-portal></quillbot-extension-portal>

------------------------------
    Qais Sherfeed

<quillbot-extension-portal></quillbot-extension-portal>

• 2.  RE: How to Share multiple VRFs Between Two L3 switches connected using routed interfaces

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 08, 2023 08:55 AM

You may use a GRE tunnel over the MPLS network and attach that to the VRF for your second ISP.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.