Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to understand the Status Codes for HP MSM720?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How to understand the Status Codes for HP MSM720?

Posted Sep 09, 2019 10:46 AM

Hello, I am trying to troubleshoot connection issues with our wireless controller and to do so, I am looking into the event logs you can find when clicking on Tools and then on Events.

The recorded logs are all connected to status codes, but when I use Google to search for the HP Status Codes or alternatively for Hewlett Packard Status Codes, I can not find any documentation for this.

Please tell me two things:

1. What does Status Code 37 tells me?
    2. Where can I find a documentation about all possible Status Codes?
      • I have already looked in the Downloads section and there has not been any further information

Kind Regards

AEM-IT

#wirelesscontroller
    #statuscodes
    #wifi
    #logs
    #Events

• 2.  RE: How to understand the Status Codes for HP MSM720?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2019 11:27 AM

Hello,

maybe it would be more helpful if you can provide the whole description of the event where this status codes are appearing so that we can see the whole context.

I suspect however that the status code you have in mind is simply defined in the 802.11 standard so it is not a purely HPE code. Please have a look at this

https://blogs.arubanetworks.com/industries/802-11-reason-codes-and-status-codes/

https://www.cybersecurityinstitute.eu/reference-information1/ieee-802-11-authentication-association-status-codes/

8.4.1.9 Status Code field

The Status Code field is used in a response management frame to indicate the success or failure of a requested operation. The length of the Status Code field is 2 octets. The Status Code field is illustrated in Figure 8-43.

In the table we see indeed a status code 37 and it simply means "the request has been declined" does this make sense for the issues you are troubleshooting?