Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

howto swap OS-CX switch in GUI mode

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  howto swap OS-CX switch in GUI mode

Posted 23 days ago

Hello

Scenario: I want to replace a defective OS-CX switch that is managed in GUI mode in Central by a cold spare unit.

• is it possible to download the config of the defective switch from Central so I can import it in the spare one? I notice that even if the switch is operational, I'm not able to download the config from local switch GUI eighter.
    • is it possible to automatically restore the config from Central to the spare unit (I know this is possible for AOS switches via Global > Organisation > Device Replacement

Kind regards

Wouter

• 2.  RE: howto swap OS-CX switch in GUI mode

Posted 22 days ago

Hi,

AOS-CX doesnt support Device replacement workflow.

you can copy the configuration from "Multi-Edit" windows.

1. Navigate to the defective switch configuration and enable "Multi-Edit"
    2. select "view config", and then copy the configuration by pressing "CTRL+A" and then "CTRL+C"
    3. Paste the configuration into a notepad.
    4. apply the same configuration into new ArubaCX switch.

------------------------------
    Harendra
    ACEX165
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: howto swap OS-CX switch in GUI mode

Posted 22 days ago

Hi Harendra

Yes I am aware that you can copy/paste from Multi-edit / cli, but I was looking for a more end-user friendly solution to present to our customer.

Seems like I will have to file a feature request.

Kind regards

Wouter