Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

HP 2610 Ports show Drops RX

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  HP 2610 Ports show Drops RX

Posted Jan 23, 2013 08:34 AM

Hi,

I have a rack full of HP 2610 (POE) switches, I'm currently troubleshooting an issue on our wireless network which connects back into said switches.

On a number of switches I'm seeing an steady increase on the 'Drops Rx' counter for every port which has a wireless AP connected to it, I have only noticed the problem on switches running the software named 'R.11.04' which is from Dec 22 2007.

On one switch which is running R.11.07 with the same amount of wireless APs connected to it I am seeing no increase on the 'Drops Rx' counter (when running a sh int)

Is there any documentation to say this is a bug I'm hitting? are the counters correct in saying they are dropping packets or is this just a cosmetic bug? I need to elimate this before moving on with my troubleshooting.

Any advice is appreciated.

#dropsrx

• 2.  RE: HP 2610 Ports show Drops RX

Posted Jan 23, 2013 10:31 AM

Counters (PR_1000759767) — TX Drops (ifoutdiscards) are incorrectly incrementing on
    MSTP-blocked ports

Fixed in a later revision.