Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

HP 2920 series switches

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  HP 2920 series switches

Posted Jun 04, 2013 03:47 PM
      |   view attached

We just purchased HP 2920 series switches and on one of the switches the PS shows Red.  I don't think the power supply itslef is bad since I inserted a PS from the other 2920 switch with the same red indicator.  

Just wanted to know if someone ran into the same issue with HP 2920 and the fix for it.

Picture is attached as well.

Regards,

• 2.  RE: HP 2920 series switches

Posted Jun 06, 2013 01:56 PM

Hi Aali

I'd suggest you upgrade to current SW version first. If the problem is still seen I'd suggest calling support.

If you can see some PSU-related messages in switch log, your'e obviously looking at a switch issue. If you don't see anything there (check after a reload!) you migth have some kind of interoperability issue between the switch SW and IMC.

• 3.  RE: HP 2920 series switches

Posted Jul 09, 2013 11:13 AM
    15.22 fixes this problem. They call it pre-release but it is actually marked as release in the document notes.

I believe even though it is older, it is the openflow fork . If you want to do advanced routing you might find openflow quite cool.

Anyways - this version does not have the PS PS in read on stack member 3/4 like 15.11.0007
    #OpenFlow
    #redps