Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

HP 2920 Switch Setup SSL Self Signed

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  HP 2920 Switch Setup SSL Self Signed

Posted Jul 20, 2018 11:28 PM

I really hope i am missing something glaringly obvious.  I have 2 HP 2920-48G that i am trying to harden.  In the past you could generate a Self signed cert on the switch and get ssl up and going.  I have tried this about 15 times.  Every time i get SSL errors that do not allow me to continue past them in every browser.   This error every time.   "This site isn’t secure  DLG_FLAGS_INVALID_CA"

I would love to just stick a cert from my internal Cert server, but the "Generate CSR" button is greyed out and for the life of me i can't get it to let me click it.

Both switches are on the newest firmware.

#certificate

• 2.  RE: HP 2920 Switch Setup SSL Self Signed

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 23, 2018 02:45 AM

Have you followed instructions detailed into ArubaOS-Switch Hardening Guide for 16.04? an alternate reference could be eventually this one...although, considering both, I personally prefer the former since is very well explained.