Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

HP Aruba 2930M - Cannot access web GUI

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  HP Aruba 2930M - Cannot access web GUI

Posted May 14, 2021 04:43 AM

Hi!

I`m new to HP switches and beginner with networking, but I know basic information, but not so familiar with practical knowledge. 

My problem is that I cannot enter switch web GUI  via browser (Firefox, Edge or anything). I have done next configurations.

- Assigned IP address for VLAN 1 and checked that all ports belong to this VLAN. (Could not access)

- Also I defined that VLAN 1 is management VLAN. (Did not help either)

- Someone said that that manager and operator cannot have same passwords, so I changed those too. 

- Also problem is that I cannot ping switch.

I have changed my PC`s IP address to same subnet that I have assigned for Aruba 2930M and I´m connected directly to that switch via ethernet and console. Console works fine.

I have read this manual for management: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00018877en_us

And also try to search answer from Aruba 2930F/2930M Management and Configuration Guide for ArubaOS Switch 16.05.

Just to be clear. This is just one switch and is not part of big network. I would like to enter web GUI and gain access to it with IP address. 

Sincerely Jarno

#HPAruba2930M
    #WebGUI

• 2.  RE: HP Aruba 2930M - Cannot access web GUI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2021 05:56 AM

Hello,

I believe you have untagged the port from vlan 1 which are conencting to PC.

Suppose Port 2 is conencting to PC:

then configure like this:

vlan 1

ip add <I believe you have already given>

untagged 2

exit

On PC, give  gateway IP address as switch default IP.

Thanks!