Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

HP msm720 license

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  HP msm720 license

Posted Mar 28, 2017 03:08 AM

Hi ,

I have two HP msm720 controller in that one is having 10 licenses and another have 20 licenses. Now I am going to buid HA with these two controllers. How I can use these licenses while building HA ??  And in HA scenario both the controller need to have licenses ?? Pls help me in this case... 

#License

• 2.  RE: HP msm720 license

MVP GURU
    Posted Mar 28, 2017 03:34 AM

Worth reading this HP Wireless KB article.

• 3.  RE: HP msm720 license

Posted Mar 30, 2017 12:57 AM

Thank you.. Is there any option to transfer license from one controller to another in HP msm720 

• 4.  RE: HP msm720 license

MVP GURU
    Posted Mar 30, 2017 02:57 AM
    I think that license(s) can be transferred between similar units (let me say, as example, between two MSM720 controllers) but you should contact HPE Support in order to understand if that is really possible (IMHO they transfer the license(s) re-emitting them binded to the new unit, old unit will lose the transferred license(s)...probably basic license can be transferred too...leaving old unit definitely naked...but I could be wrong about that).
    AFAIK any MSM license(s) is bound to the specific MSM controller for which was originally intended.