Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Hp Procurve 2610 inter vlan routing

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Hp Procurve 2610 inter vlan routing

Posted Nov 01, 2013 09:48 PM

Can anyone help me sort out some intervlan routing issues. 

Here is the stack over flow configuration exports, as well as ip route table.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19737924/hp-procurve-2610-intervlan-routing

Existing vlans are working, but vlan 4 which is newly created is not working.

The route automatically creates when you create a new vlan and assign it a network. So what am i doing wrong?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Comware-Based to ProCurve / ProVision-Based. -HP Forum Moderator

#ProCurve
    #HP
    #switch

• 2.  RE: Hp Procurve 2610 inter vlan routing

Posted Nov 03, 2013 09:06 PM

So, the new VLAN interface is created, its subnet appears as "connected" in your "show ip route", therefore it's working.

What makes you think it isn't working?

• 3.  RE: Hp Procurve 2610 inter vlan routing

Posted Nov 06, 2013 12:50 PM

I cannot ping the gateway from any vlan.

The hosts on the vlan cannot ping outside the vlan....

Host can ping its gateway of 10.10.1.1 but thats it...

So its not working.

• 4.  RE: Hp Procurve 2610 inter vlan routing

Posted Nov 04, 2013 05:34 PM

That's actually by design... ;- )

The 2610-series is limited Layer-3. One of their limitations is that there is a maximum of six static routes.

You have three manually defined; you already have three VLAN's with an IP-adddress. Those routed VLANs probably count as one static route each, I have never tried this setup myself.

So adding your fourth routed VLAN will add a seventh static route, which is not applied. Doesn't your log (at the time you created VLAN4) give a clou ?

If you want to test this theory: remove one of the IP-adresses on the other VLANs, or remove one of the static routes. I'm not sure whether VLAN 4 should immediately start routing, but I would think so.

• 5.  RE: Hp Procurve 2610 inter vlan routing

Posted Nov 06, 2013 12:54 PM

Yes, but my addition isnt listed as a static route.... when i show ip route its listed as a dynamic  last i remembered. also looking at show ip route I have currently 4 static routes defined in my switch..