Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

HP Procurve 2626 VLANs

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  HP Procurve 2626 VLANs

Posted May 02, 2016 06:55 AM

Hi

I have a HP Procurve 2626 based series and I'm having problems with it. I've simplifed my lab to start from the begining. 

I have a router when I have VLAN 10 by ethernet 3. This is plugged to HP SW to port 1. And a laptop plugged to port 2 in the HP SW.

Kind of this:

Router-> ethernet 3 -> HP SW port 1 --> ethernet port 2 -> Laptop

I've setup the vlan 10 in router. And then in the HP SW I have the default VLAN and the other I created VLAN 10. I did to test. One tagging port 2 and untagging port 2 (Both times I run config# memory write) No ip is given to the client.

At the end, I tried to setup manually IP on client. and ping the vlan 10 ip address on routher, no success. Then I googled and I saw some post about  HP switches and sound interesting to me, but no success.

http://www.techieshelp.com/setup-dhcp-helper-on-hp-e-series/

My setup in router is

ethernet port 3 

0 10.0.1.1/24 10.0.1.0 eth3

vlan

10.0.2.1/24 10.0.2.0 vlan10

dhcp server

dhcp2 vlan10 dhcp_pool1 3d

1 dhcp_pool1 10.0.2.2-10.0.2.254

Did I miss something?

Thanks!

#ProCurve

• 2.  RE: HP Procurve 2626 VLANs

Posted May 08, 2016 05:43 PM

Assuming your HP switchport 1 has VLAN 10 on it as tagged, then there is probably something screwy with your router.