Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Hp procurve HP-5406zl

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Hp procurve HP-5406zl

Posted Jan 28, 2014 02:43 AM
      |   view attached

My switch for a few minutes and the reason may be this.
    What does this error and how can I fix?

Thank you

#hp-procurve

• 2.  RE: Hp procurve HP-5406zl

Posted Jan 28, 2014 05:28 AM

You have to check what PVID setting on those interfaces and the PVID setting on the other side of the connection of this connection.

If the PVID on interface 21 on the 5406 is set to 1 and if this interface is connected to another switch and there is the interface configured with PVID 5 then you have a mismatch

• 3.  RE: Hp procurve HP-5406zl

Posted Jan 28, 2014 08:09 AM
    how do I verify or change the PVID?

• 4.  RE: Hp procurve HP-5406zl

Posted Jan 30, 2014 06:31 AM

On the switch you are getting the error run "sh vlans ports <port_number>" this will tell you what vlans the port is a member of. you can then determine if they are correct for the device connected. I.e. the device and port setting need to be the same, this to me sounds like the device connected to that port is hardcoded to a specific VLAN, but it does not match the VLAN configured on the port.

HTH.