Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

HP Procurve J9450A

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  HP Procurve J9450A

Posted Nov 05, 2013 02:09 AM

hi all,

i have some query regarding the hp procurve that i have:

query.jpg

how will i enable the gigabit ethernet of the procurve switch? so that i can connect it to a fiber cable.. will i need to make the port to trunk? or tagged? pls help

thanks

• 2.  RE: HP Procurve J9450A

Posted Nov 06, 2013 04:23 AM

The screen-dump is showing the details for int.23. That should be available and operational.

If you want to enable int.24 (that's your question, isn't it ?) could you choose 'port 24' on the dropdown box and post that screen-shot.

The issue will probably be that the 'physical type' for int.24 is RJ45, meaning that the RJ45 interface is configured to be the active interface for that combo-port.

• 3.  RE: HP Procurve J9450A

Posted Nov 11, 2013 09:33 PM

hello as a follow-up question above.. i have this hp procurve J9450A that will be connected to the fiber port of J9279A.. what will i need to configure? will i do trunking on this?

for the above.. if i disable the port 24 rj45, the gigabit port 24 will also automatically disable.. same with port 23

thanks

topology:

layout.jpg