Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

HP Switch 5406Rzl2 interface configuration

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  HP Switch 5406Rzl2 interface configuration

Posted Jan 03, 2024 03:33 PM

Hello everyone, I hope you are well. Could you help me with the following, I have an HP 5406Rzl2 Switch, I am trying to configure an interface with a static IP in this case it is port B3, but it does not allow me to add the ip address 172.18.1 command. x 255.255.255.0 It has Aruba OS version KB.16.07.0003, could you help me on how to do it on this device?

I have also seen that the switch does not support layer 3 on its interfaces. Could this be the problem?

greetings

• 2.  RE: HP Switch 5406Rzl2 interface configuration

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 03, 2024 04:45 PM
    Hi! what you're looking for it is not supported (setting an interface as a "routed interface"), you can instead set the VLAN membership of an interface in a way it behaves like a routed interface (Enabling IP Routing + setting a Transport VLAN + configuring a VLAN tagged membership, as example).

• 3.  RE: HP Switch 5406Rzl2 interface configuration

Posted Jan 03, 2024 06:16 PM

Hello, I really appreciate your response and taking the time to respond to my message. Indeed, as you mention, I solved the problem by creating a VLAN and adding it to the interface. I very much appreciate the support provided. greetings