Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

HPE 5510 replaced by Aruba 3810M problem and blockage

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  HPE 5510 replaced by Aruba 3810M problem and blockage

Posted Jan 29, 2024 12:27 PM
    Hello,

Allow me to introduce myself; I am Axel, a network administrator in France. I manage a network composed of HPE and Aruba switches. I'm not sure if I'm posting my message in the right discussion thread.

I am facing an issue configuring BGP identically on an Aruba 3810M as on an HPE 5510. Initially, my infrastructure consisted of HPE 5510, but I had to replace some with 3810M. On the three sites that I replaced, I am experiencing BGP problems that are not functioning effectively. For instance, they distribute routes that create conflicts with other sites, and I believe this is due to ACLs that I am unable to configure.

On the HPE switches, I have the following configuration:

plaintext
    Copy code
    bgp 6xxxx
     router-id 10.x.x.x
     peer 10.x.x.x as-number 6xxxx
     #
     address-family ipv4 unicast
      filter-policy 3020 import
      import-route direct
      import-route static
      import-route ospf 1
      peer 10.x.x.x enable
    I could use a filter-policy that referenced my ACL "acl number 3020."

On the Aruba 3810M, I configured it as follows:

plaintext
    Copy code
    router bgp 6xxxx
       enable
       bgp router-id 10.x.x.x
       redistribute connected
       redistribute static
       redistribute ospf
       neighbor 10.x.x.x remote-as 6xxxx
       exit
    I created an ACL "ip access-list extended "ACL_3020"" but I don't know how to integrate it into BGP to achieve the same configuration as my HPE 5510. I am not familiar with the command that replaces "filter-policy 3020 import."

Could someone guide me on the steps to follow or provide the command that could achieve the same result?

Thank you in advance.

• 2.  RE: HPE 5510 replaced by Aruba 3810M problem and blockage

Posted Feb 12, 2024 11:06 AM

Not sure what is in that filter policy, but in the Multicast and Routing Guide you can find how to configure, monitor, troubleshoot as well how to filter routes.

You may want to work with Aruba support if you can't make it work.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------