View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

HPE FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 534FLR-SFP+ Adapter - Cisco Meraki MS425-16

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  HPE FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 534FLR-SFP+ Adapter - Cisco Meraki MS425-16

Posted Aug 05, 2019 12:01 PM

Dear Everyone,
     I'm going to provide two servers connected to a shared SAN, but the end customer already has in-site a stack made of two Cisco Meraki MS425-16, so he wouldn't want to buy an HPE StoreFabric switch.
    So, I have asked to add an HPE FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 534FLR-SFP+ Adapter for each server and the relative Aruba 10G SFP+ to SFP+ 3m Direct Attach Copper Cable in order to attach both servers and the MSA 2050 Storage to the Cisco Meraki,
    I will face any compatibility issues for using the Cisco Meraki switch with the architecture quoted?
    Have someone has got any experience?
    Kindest Regards,
    Alfredo

#cisco
    #FlexFabric
    #Meraki
    #10gb
    #adapter
    #534FLR-SFP+
    #sfp+

• 2.  RE: HPE FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 534FLR-SFP+ Adapter - Cisco Meraki MS425-16

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 07, 2019 08:19 PM

I strongly suggest you to not use Aruba DAC cables for such interconnections...it's risky (especially Cisco switch side).

Even if the HPE FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 534FLR-SFP+ Adapter (HPE SKU 700751-B21) supports Aruba DAC Cables you cited (see Server networking transceiver and cable compatibility matrix) if I were you - with Cisco in between - I will use an HPE BladeSystem c-Class 10Gb SFP+ SR Transceiver (HPE SKU 455883-B21) which is supported Server side with that adapter (see retired QuickSpecs with a list of supported Transceivers here and latest QuickSpecs without a list of supported Transceivers here because covered by the matrix linked above)...well I'm not an expert about Cisco...so you need to check its side for a supported SFP+ SR transceiver...in any case use a 3 meters long OM3 Multi-Mode fiber optic cable LC/LC and you would be OK.

The point is: what is the relationship with the SAN and the MSA 2050 with the Adapter above? have you got iSCSI? ...my usual idea is SAN = 16G FibreChannel...but probably you scenario will use iSCSI so 10 Gbps Ethernet makes sense.