View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

HPE OfficeConnect 1950 image corrupt

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  HPE OfficeConnect 1950 image corrupt

Posted Dec 11, 2019 03:42 AM

Hi,

I have a problem with 3 hp 1950 switches.

We had a problem with a 3 stack configuation.

It was a circle stack with irf

48 port (slave 1)

48 port  (Master)

48 port POE (slave 2)

When we noticed that some client weren't getting a network signal we decided to reboot all switches, however when we did this it turned out that the firmware image corrupted. It only boots into BootRom. When it tries to load the firmware it says that the image is invalid.

When we logged in with console and tried to boot an older firmware it also said that was corrupted, in the master switch we can't get the extended boot menu either (the other 2 we can get the extended boot menu but loading firm ware with tftp doesnt seem to work)

We tried with XModem but: 1. it takes like 2 hours to transfer and 2. the console session keeps crashing

What else can we try?

Current firmware: 1950-cmw710-system-R3113P02 (corrupt)

Boot image version: 7.1.045

UPDATE: TFTP worked on 2 switches so they are fixed, however on the last switch it just doesnt want to load the extended boot menu

UPDATE2: After restaring the switch a bunch of times and deleting all old firmware files it managed to load the extended boot menu and i was able to load the firmware with TFTP.

#imagecorrupt
    #extendedbootmenucorrupt
    #HPE
    #e

• 2.  RE: HPE OfficeConnect 1950 image corrupt

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 17, 2019 05:37 AM

Hello ali4,

I understand that you have 3x 1950 HPE switches in IRF and after you rebooted the whole stack and you saw a message that the image was corrupted and all devices were booting into Bootrom.

Sometime this might happen expecially when a switch is having a long Uptime or is running an old software version.

The way how to solve this is to use FTP or TFTP to upload the new software and to load it so you did it right.

It is strange why one of the switches did not get into the extended bootmenu so I would suggest to upgrade your switches to the latest R3208P03:

https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/downloads/DownloadSoftware.aspx?SoftwareReleaseUId=23260&ProductNumber=JG960A

Regards