Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

I can't connect to my Aruba A800 controller anymore. No ping nor webinterface.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  I can't connect to my Aruba A800 controller anymore. No ping nor webinterface.

Posted Jun 03, 2014 09:26 AM

Hi,

Since last friday we lost the Wifi at our company. I checked the Aruba A800 controller but he doesn't respond anymore. I can't ping nor I can go to the webinterface. 

Today I did a reset of the A800 controller to get a clean config. (With a serial cable, in Putty -> #write erase all) I configured the original network settings as before the reset: 

Static:

IP: 172.20.0.50

Subnetmask: 255.255.0.0

Default gateway: 172.20.0.254

But after that, I stil can't connect to this IP address even though i'm in the same subnet.

The Aruba A800 is connected to a 1gb switch. If I connect my laptop to the same port on that switch, I receive an IP address. So nothing is wrong with the switch.

Also, when i'm in the console (CLI), i can't ping to other servers or clients in the same subnet. The Gigabit port lights on the controller (connected to the main switch) are flickering, so he is doing something.

What can be the problem with this? I don't believe he just died..

Gerwin

• 2.  RE: I can't connect to my Aruba A800 controller anymore. No ping nor webinterface.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2014 10:05 AM

If there is no obvious errors in the console and it all looks fine, it could be a duplicate ip address.

Unplug your controller and plug the laptop into that port and see if you can ping that 172.20.0.50 address.  Do a wireshark capture as well to see if there is any arp traffic from that ip.

• 3.  RE: I can't connect to my Aruba A800 controller anymore. No ping nor webinterface.

Posted Jun 03, 2014 02:12 PM

perhaps try to exclude the switch, just connect a laptop with cross cable directly  and see what that does.

what is your port config on the controller now?

• 4.  RE: I can't connect to my Aruba A800 controller anymore. No ping nor webinterface.

Posted Jun 05, 2014 09:30 AM

Thanks for the replies.

I connected my laptop to the aruba controller with a cross cable. Gave the laptop a 192.168.2.1 address and the Aruba 192.168.2.2

Still no connection. Maby the aruba NIC (network card) died?

• 5.  RE: I can't connect to my Aruba A800 controller anymore. No ping nor webinterface.

Posted Jun 09, 2014 09:55 AM

if you are sure about your config then it might indeed be the NIC that has died, it has several right? can you try another one?