Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 215 Firmware has Taurus instead of Centaurus

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  IAP 215 Firmware has Taurus instead of Centaurus

Posted Jun 06, 2023 02:24 PM

Good Afternoon Folks,

I've been using IAP215s for my two offices for some time now. They've always wanted a Centaurus firmware. I just bought 4 more of them and 3 of them came with Centaurus while the 4th came with Taurus 6.5.4.9_67129 on it. When I try to feed it the Centaurus update, expectedly, it rejects it. My older 205 APs had Taurus on them. 

Is there a way to force the upgrade? 

I've already tried: 

IAP web UI Firmware upgrade

copy files via tftp, however the command seems broken, I can copy them to flash but not to one of the system partitions, the partition flag just doesn't exist.

factory reset by interrupting the boot process and issuing factory-reset and then reset. 

• 2.  RE: IAP 215 Firmware has Taurus instead of Centaurus

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2023 07:01 PM

this is wierd. perhaps you can interrupt the boot process and then upgrade it from there. Have you tried that?

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: IAP 215 Firmware has Taurus instead of Centaurus

Posted Jun 07, 2023 08:30 AM

It gets even wierder. I left it up overnight and when I came it it was running the version of centaurus I was trying to upgrade it to. I'm literally a one man shop and it didn't have internet access. I guess one of the update methods I tried actually did work even though it said it didn't?