Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-277 won't run off poe+ injector

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  IAP-277 won't run off poe+ injector

Posted May 23, 2023 03:49 PM

I have 2 IAP-315s running 8.6.0.8_79369 off a Juniper EX2300C switch. I bought an IAP-277 to add an outdoor AP to the cluster. Because of the way I had to route the wiring it made more sense to connect the 277 to my SRX320 (non-poe) so I purchased a Yuanley HG30A POE+ AT midspan injector. I ran the initial configuration with the 277 connected to the EX switch and everything went fine with all radios operating. When I moved the 277 to the poe injector and SRX the AP connects but the radios shut off. I thought it was because the SRX was causing an issue but the port is set as to ethernet switching and if I replace the poe injector with another EX2300 connected to the SRX it works. So AP277 > EX2300C(1st floor)> SRX320 > EX2300C(2nd floor) > AP315s.

I wanted to rule out the multiple switches and srx so I connected the AP277 to the same switch as the other APs with poe shut off and the poe injector in between and I'm still not getting it to turn on the radios. AP277 > POE+/AT Injector > Switch (POE disabled) > AP315s no joy. If I enable POE and plug the AP277 directly everything works.

I'm stumped. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm believe the POE injector is bad/faulty but I can't figure out how to determine how much power its delivering to the AP. The switch shows the AP only draws 8.2 W:

# run show poe interface ge-0/0/9

PoE interface status:

PoE interface : ge-0/0/9

Administrative status : Enabled

Operational status : ON

Power limit on the interface : 30.0W

Priority : Low

Power consumed : 8.2W

Class of power device : 4

PoE Mode : 802.3at

If anyone knows of an injector that works with the 277 I'd appreciate the recommendation.

• 2.  RE: IAP-277 won't run off poe+ injector

Posted May 24, 2023 04:18 AM

You can log into AP277 and check the power status. Some injectors can be problematic as they won't negotiate the correct available power to the APs. We have those problems mostly on outdoor APs.

# show ap debug system-status 

and look into Power status.

Power Status
    ------------
    Item                        Value
    ----                        -----
    Power Supply                : POE-AT
    LLDP Power                  : Successfully negotiated at 25.5W
    Current Operational State   : No restrictions (Overridden by LLDP)
    HW POE status               : POE-AF

Best, Gorazd

------------------------------
    Gorazd Kikelj
    MVP Expert 2023
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: IAP-277 won't run off poe+ injector

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 24, 2023 06:15 PM

So the only place I could find this was on Amazon, with this description (bold emphasis mine)

But I'm pretty sure the AP is not detecting the voltage it would expect 51V+ after the cabling drop, and is likely seeing 47 or less which the AP will not operate on. 

Let us know if you find a true 54V AT injector and if it works!