Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAPs and advisory ARUBA-PSA-2023-001

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  IAPs and advisory ARUBA-PSA-2023-001

Posted Mar 22, 2023 07:53 PM

Hi. Security advisory "ARUBA-PSA-2023-001 :: Multiple Vulnerabilities in OpenSSL (Rev-3)" states that the following are affected:

- Aruba InstantOS / Aruba Access Points running ArubaOS 10
        - InstantOS 6.5.4.x and 6.4.x.x-4.2.x.x are not affected
        - This product line is only affected if the web-server
          configuration is changed from default settings to use RSA
          ciphers.
          - Customers who have configured the use of RSA ciphers will
            be affected if running the following versions.
          - ArubaOS 10.4.x.x:         10.4.0.0 and below
          - ArubaOS 10.3.x.x:         10.3.1.4 and below
          - Aruba InstantOS 8.11.x.x: 8.11.0.1 and below
          - Aruba InstantOS 8.10.x.x: 8.10.0.6 and below
          - Aruba InstantOS 8.7.x.x:  8.7.1.11 and below
          - Aruba InstantOS 8.6.x.x:  8.6.0.20 and below

We are running IAPs mostly on version 8.7.10 and I believe we haven't changed any web server configuration. When I look at the certs on the IAP admin webpage they are the default "setmeup.arubanetworks.com" certs and they say they are using RSA encryption, I'm guessing this is just for the cert and doesn't apply to the communication, but when I connected in my web browser it said "The connection to this site is encrypted and authenticated using TLS 1.2, ECDHE_RSA with P-256, and AES_128_GCM."

Is it possible that our IAPs could be affected by the vulnerability?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: IAPs and advisory ARUBA-PSA-2023-001

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 23, 2023 06:21 PM

well the advisory states that, this is only relevant "if the web-server configuration is changed from default settings to use RSA ciphers."

so if you have not change the default setting , then your product will not be affected. (this is my understanding) 

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: IAPs and advisory ARUBA-PSA-2023-001

Posted Mar 26, 2023 07:43 PM

It's suggesting that if you don't change the default configuration it won't use RSA ciphers.

We shouldn't have changed this setting - we have no reason to, the config looks like default and the IAP running config has no mention of webserver changes, yet we do appear to be using RSA ciphers for at least one of the cipher algorithms.