Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP - FW - Automatic Upgarde error "image_check_internal error 001 code 2"

This thread has been viewed 78 times
  • 1.  IAP - FW - Automatic Upgarde error "image_check_internal error 001 code 2"

Posted Jun 14, 2022 07:01 AM
    Hi,
    I am having cluster of IAPs in our campus. (Drago, Gemini and Ursa)
    Now the IAPS running on the FW Version 8.9.0.2_83074

Automatic FW upgradation shows the following error. 
    image_check_internal error 001 code 2

How to resolve this error and upgrade the FW
    Can you plz give me the URL for the FWs to upgrade it manually?
    URL for AP344/345/514/515/574/575/577/518/575EX/577EX (Draco)
    URL for AP504/505/505H/567/565/503H/565EX/567EX (Gemini)
    URL for AP303/303H/303P/304/305/365/367 (Ursa)
    Regards

Edited...
    I noticed same error in another cluster of IAP 207 and 315
    Aruba Support team may please explain and resolve the issue

Regards
    Thirunavukkarasu

• 2.  RE: IAP - FW - Automatic Upgarde error "image_check_internal error 001 code 2"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 18, 2022 07:26 PM
    it is a known issue, you need to go to ASP and download your relevant firmware and then use the Web UI and upgrade your APs.
    You can download the lifetime warranty firmware without a login. In order to do that, search for 'factory image' on ASP: https://asp.arubanetworks.com/downloads;search=factory;products=Aruba%20Access%20Points

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: IAP - FW - Automatic Upgarde error "image_check_internal error 001 code 2"

Posted Jun 22, 2022 08:17 AM
    Hi Dear,
    But there is no option for Manual upgradation
    We need the URL for the manual upgradation for the all the models in the cluster
    How to do it?
    Regards

• 4.  RE: IAP - FW - Automatic Upgarde error "image_check_internal error 001 code 2"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 26, 2022 06:12 AM
    you basically download the firmware from ASP and then select the frmware file as shown below, and upgrade

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: IAP - FW - Automatic Upgarde error "image_check_internal error 001 code 2"
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 26, 2022 06:40 AM
    Since you have a cluster with multiple different AP types, you have to host your firmware for all AP types on a ftp, scp, tftp or http server and put the urls for each firmware type into the box before you press the upgrade now button..

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 6.  RE: IAP - FW - Automatic Upgarde error "image_check_internal error 001 code 2"

Posted Jun 28, 2022 07:18 AM

Hi 

Thanks for the reply

I tried with TFTP app and uploaded the FW to the cluster
    As someone mentioned, this is a known error in the IAPs FW upgradation,
    But I don't know to upgrade the FW in cluster..That is my issue....

Which one is best - conservative or standard version of Firmware?
    Regards,
    Thirunavukkarasu