Here you can find the iMC Windows Migration guide, which can be helpfull for you:https://asp.arubanetworks.com/downloads;search=WINDOWS%20MIGRATION%20GUIDE;products=HPE%20Intelligent%20Management%20Center%20%28IMC%29
Also some points to consider:
- Old 7.2 iMC version is installed with old 2008 embedded database.
- first iMC version that supports SQL 2008, 2012, 2016 and above is 7.3 E0605.
This version is insstalled with embedded 2016 SQL Server.
- considering above it would be better that you first upgrade your old server to 7.3 E0605 and than make new installation with E0605(Sql 2016) and migrate the data.
- please be aware that there might be issues during upgrade of old server . Please check release notes of the respective version and take a backup from iDMA before every upgrade. In E0605 there is a known issue with cipher suits , which causes db connection errors. An iMC tool has been developed to remove them before upgrading to E0605.Please check the release notes for instructions.
I hope , this will help you!
Sent: Jan 05, 2023 08:09 AM
From: Koen V
Subject: IMC, migrating from external SQL srv to new setup with interal
Customer has a rather small setup and would like to downsize when upgrading IMC/servers.
Current setup is using IMC 7.2 on an older Windows server with an SQL srv 2008 on a different machine.
They would prefer getting rid of the extra SQL server entirely and using IMC with embedded dbase.
Can someone confirm this would basically just entail the following?
- backup old sql srv 2008 dbase
- setup IMC (same version as old IMC) on new server using embedded dbase
- transfer licenses
- restore sql srv databasbackup into sql express embedded dbase
- upgrade new IMC to 7.3
Or is migrating from full sql srv to embedded going to give me headaches and other issues?