Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there an snmp trap to detect if a switch fails to connect to a RADIUS server

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Is there an snmp trap to detect if a switch fails to connect to a RADIUS server

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 30, 2024 08:45 AM

Hi,

2930 switch WC.16.11.13 - I have two clearpass servers configured on our switch estate.  As normal  if a switch fails to connect to the first one it  drops down to the second one.

Is there an snmp trap we can send to a monitoring station notifying them that the switch failed to contact a given defined RADIUS server ?

A

• 2.  RE: Is there an snmp trap to detect if a switch fails to connect to a RADIUS server

Posted Jan 31, 2024 04:46 PM

Hi.

I do not have the exact answer for you question.

Did you go through this guide

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/AOS-Switch/16.11/Aruba%202930%20M%26F%20Management%20and%20Configuration%20Guide%20for%20AOS-S%2016.11.pdf

Perhaps walking the MIB could help you find what you seek as well.

This also lists the active and disabled traps: show snmp-server traps

• 3.  RE: Is there an snmp trap to detect if a switch fails to connect to a RADIUS server

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 01, 2024 02:55 AM
    Cool! Many thanks. I’ll start there
    Sent from my iPhone