Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Issues with VLAN Configuration for Aruba HPE APIN0505 and Aruba Switch 1930

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Issues with VLAN Configuration for Aruba HPE APIN0505 and Aruba Switch 1930

Posted 2 days ago

Good morning,

I am working with an Aruba HPE APIN0505 and an Aruba Switch 1930. My network includes 3 VLANs: VLAN 10 for Aruba access points, VLAN 11 for Guest SSID, and VLAN 12 for Employer SSID.

Here is my current setup:

1. I have connected a cable from my access point to a switch port with PVID 10.
    2. I have also connected a cable from my FAI (ISP router) to the same switch port with PVID 10.
    3. I assigned VLAN 11 to the Guest SSID and VLAN 12 to the Employer SSID.

However, when I try to connect to the Guest SSID from my phone or PC, no IP address is assigned to the device. This indicates that the Guest SSID and Employer SSID are not reaching the DHCP server of my FAI router.

My questions are:

1. Is there any misconfiguration in my topology?
    2. Is it even possible to implement this scenario with my current setup?

Best regards,

• 2.  RE: Issues with VLAN Configuration for Aruba HPE APIN0505 and Aruba Switch 1930

Posted 2 days ago

You would need to route your traffic somewhere, which is unclear from the description where it is.

APIN0505 can be multiple things, but if you have an Instant ON 1930, I'd think your AP is an Instant ON AP as well. In that case, it's better to ask the question on the Instant ON community.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Issues with VLAN Configuration for Aruba HPE APIN0505 and Aruba Switch 1930

Posted yesterday

Thank you very much for your answer , i resolve the problem by implementing a layer 3 device (router) and configuring a DHCP with route inter-VLANs . 

It was the first solution that I've think about it but due to leak of material i tried to find another approach but unfortunately  there's no other solution .

thank you again for you time and help  .