Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Kernel segfaults

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Kernel segfaults

Posted Mar 29, 2023 12:09 PM

From what I know of segfaults the starting portion states the process along with it's id. In this case it would be 'idp' however we do not have an SSO-IDP profile created. Unless that is not what that process is. Just trying to figure out what exactly segfault-ed. This is also only a few of them. I saw 76 segfaults with 'idp'.

• 2.  RE: Kernel segfaults

Posted Apr 03, 2023 09:43 AM

Not sure where (which product) you saw this. Segmentation Faults (segfaults) are nearly always bugs in a program, poorly built binary code, and sometimes hardware problems. It's unlikely that you can resolve this yourself, unless you can switch off the process creating these errors. Best is to work with the product support team for your product. If it is an Aruba product, that would be Aruba Support.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Kernel segfaults

Posted Apr 03, 2023 11:33 AM

I was seeing these segfaults on my conductor. Just was hoping to get clarification on if the 'IDP' portion is for the SSO-IDP Profile service or if it is something else entirely.

• 4.  RE: Kernel segfaults

Posted Apr 04, 2023 10:36 AM

That would be my guess that it is related to SSO, however the controller would be a SP in that scenario. You can try to remove the configuration and see if the messages stop, but the recommended path would be to report this to Aruba Support and let them analyze the message and what is behind it.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.