Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

LACP Ports Blocked by STP

This thread has been viewed 34 times
  • 1.  LACP Ports Blocked by STP

Posted Oct 17, 2022 05:43 AM
    Hello All,
    I have LACP Uplink to core.
    when I try to enable Spanning Tree, the LACP trunk ports gets blocked

I have the below on edge ports
    spanning-tree
    spanning-tree 1/1-1/48 admin-edge-port
    spanning-tree 1/1-1/48 bpdu-protection

trunk 1/51, 1/52 trk1 lacp

What is the best scenario to have bpdu in lacp uplinked network

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: LACP Ports Blocked by STP

Posted Oct 23, 2022 01:13 AM
    In addtion the uplink port get blocked even if only one LACP link is active. any suggesstions?

• 3.  RE: LACP Ports Blocked by STP
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 24, 2022 04:06 AM
    Hello Kareem, can you clarify a little bit better your scenario?

Consider that a Trk1 logical interface made of two physical interfaces 1/51 and 1/52 (your trunk 1/51, 1/52 trk1 lacp definition) is automatically seen by the Spanning Tree topology as single interface (so no loop), bpdu-protection feature should be instead used on interfaces used to provide access to network infrastructure to hosts. A single or aggregated uplink to other switch (apparently, to your Core) doesn't need that (eventually you can explicitly define it as point-to-point - so overcoming the auto discover - with the spanning-tree Trk1 point-to-point-mac true command but that should be the default yet).

• 4.  RE: LACP Ports Blocked by STP

Posted Nov 03, 2022 02:49 PM
    You are right @parnassus. Basically someone had stopped the STP in the core and so it was blocking. thank you​