Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

Licensing - AOS 8.10 9240s

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Licensing - AOS 8.10 9240s

Posted 5 hours ago

Hello,

AOS 8.10.0.13

We have two active clusters, a main and an overflow, each with conductors and standby conductors, and failover clusters. Both are already in use serving APs.

We are transferring over a thousand additional APs from our main cluster to the overflow cluster in batches this/next week. The person who normally deals with the licensing is currently on leave and I'm just looking for some reassurance that I'm not going to hit the license limit during these transfers! 

I'm told all of the 3 9240s in the overflow cluster have gold licenses (the conductor displays "Aruba9240_gold" for each md under the Capacity License tab) so as far as I'm aware that should give us 3 x 2000 licenses. But when I look on the Conductor GUI under Mobility Master -> License the global pool only shows just under 3,000 AP licenses. Are licenses managed differently on the 9240s? How do I see usage information for them to make sure we have enough?

Also how are the PEF licenses managed? Should Gold also give us 3 x 2000 PEF licenses?

<update> I found a couple of commands, 'show license capacity details' which does confirm the capacity is "A9240_gold", 'show license platform-limits' which appears to show there are 2048 AP and PEF licenses (as well as a bunch of others), and 'show license box' - but this shows a license table that has no entries. The first two are reassuring, not sure if I should be concerned about the 'show license box' output. I'd also like to find a command that tells me current usage and capacity for each box. </update>

Thank you,

Guy