Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Manual blacklist not working on IAP-105

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Manual blacklist not working on IAP-105

Posted May 13, 2013 08:07 PM

I'm running a cluster of IAP-105s using what I believe is currently the latest firmware (6.2.1.0-3.3.0.0_38115).

I have a misbehaving device somwhere in the building, and I'm trying to lock it out by manually blacklisting its MAC address in the "Blacklisting" tab of the "Security" settings.  Adding the MAC address of the offending device seems to have no effect -- I continue to see it reconnect to the network and send packets.

Is there anything non-obvious about setting up manual blacklist entries?

• 2.  RE: Manual blacklist not working on IAP-105

Posted May 13, 2013 10:40 PM
      |   view attached
    I have attached a screenshot of the steps which im you probably already did , also have you tried blacklisting another device ? But i think you should probably open a TAC case

• 3.  RE: Manual blacklist not working on IAP-105

Posted Mar 25, 2014 09:47 PM

I'm running 6.3.1.2-4.0.0.4_42384 and have the same issue.  Tested it out and see the device drop its wifi then connect up again.  Blacklisting is not working as the device is still connected and can surf.

• 4.  RE: Manual blacklist not working on IAP-105

• 5.  RE: Manual blacklist not working on IAP-105
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 26, 2014 08:44 AM

Have you also enabled blacklisting from within the security level of the SSID?

Regards

Mike 

• 6.  RE: Manual blacklist not working on IAP-105
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 09, 2014 01:13 PM

Just back from holidays and looked into the config.  I found that Blacklist was *not* enabled in the SSID.  Set it up, rebooted the AP's and things are working as advertised.  Thanks for you help on this.  Would be nice to have a note in the Manual Blacklisting window to the user to "Ensure Blacklist is enabled in the SSID config" or an indication of the Blacklist state.