Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with IMC and AirWave network management solutions.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mass AP deployment help

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Mass AP deployment help

Posted Aug 17, 2022 07:44 AM
    This is probably the 4th time I'm writing this post. Most of the day I've been trying to make a new AP vlan work on a 535. First it went IAP, then when I did the convert it was stuck on ADP (looking through console). I'm sure I did the physical reset, even did the setenv masterip command on the AP and then finally the controller picked it up. Now that's great and all but the problem is I'm suppose to deploy about 300 of these in multiple buildings: mostly 515s and a few other models in different buildings. As you can imagine consoling into each one or even most is not an option. Is there a way I can make this deployment run smoother? I'm not sure why my MCs act this way The dhcp option 43 is set to the MCs IP address. From what I've read there's a L2 and L3 way of connecting/provisioning APs. Can I put the new vlan I created in the MCs so that I can do L2? I know most of what I've written so far lacks specifics. Id be happy to provide more info/specs, etc. Basically I have 2x 7210s running 8.7.1_9 as MCs. Monkey Cool

• 2.  RE: Mass AP deployment help

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2022 09:14 AM
    The easiest way by far is the DNS entry (aruba-master.domain.com).  Please see the UAP discovery flowchart here:  capture.png

By the way, the conversion and adding to controller process could take up to 15 minutes per AP, so patience is required.  It doesn't happen in just 5 minutes...

You can type "show ap database" on the target controller to see if the access point has already showed up.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: Mass AP deployment help

Posted Aug 18, 2022 05:13 PM
    You mention DHCP option 43 but is option 60 set as well?

Yes, you could have them come up on the same VLAN as the controller(s) and they should discover it via ADP. I'd stick with DHCP options though, or, as cjoseph mentioned, create the DNS entry for aruba-master pointed to the controller IP.

ACNSA | ACEA | ACCP | ACMP