Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Mixed envionment AP issues 635/655

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Mixed envionment AP issues 635/655

Posted Nov 16, 2022 03:01 PM

Hi there, 

I'm new to the forums here but have a client that is experiencing some issues.   He originally had a 635 Access point configured and ended up purchasing a 655 AP to add to his network.    I've learned quite a bit on my own here about the way virtual controllers work and why I was being redirected to the original AP when trying to hit the IP of the new.

I do not see a method though of adding this access point to the existing controller.  Is this possible with these two models?  I saw some issues with firmware versions needing to match but I wasn't sure if these devices could even have the same firmware or if they're just not compatible in the same environment.   

Please advise! 

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Mixed envionment AP issues 635/655
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 16, 2022 04:36 PM
    yes you can have different model APs in one Aruba Instant cluster as long as they are running the same firmware version.
    So put the new AP-655 in an isolated VLAN and then upgrade it to the same firmware version as that of AP-635.
    also note that the min required firmware for it is Aruba InstantOS 8.10.0.1

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Mixed envionment AP issues 635/655

Posted Nov 16, 2022 05:45 PM
    Thank you for the reply.  I found the issue to be differing firmware.  Once I got them both on the same,   all is well!!  (minutes after I posted)