Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Mixed envionment AP issues 635/655

This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  Mixed envionment AP issues 635/655

Posted Nov 16, 2022 03:07 PM

Hi there,   I hope this isn't a double post but I cannot see my original thread. 

My client has analready configured 635 ap and wishes to add a 655.   I cannot for the life of me get anything other than AP register fail because of image mismatch.   Are these AP's compatible to work within the same network?    If so do they run the same firmware image  to avoid this issue?  

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Mixed envionment AP issues 635/655

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2022 06:14 AM
    The AP 635 has a minimum operating system version of 8.9 https://www.arubanetworks.com/resource/aruba-630-series-access-points-data-sheet/
    The AP 655 has a minimum operating system version of 8.10 https://www.arubanetworks.com/resource/650-series-access-points-data-sheet/

Upgrade the 635 to 8.10.x and see if the 655 will join it.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: Mixed envionment AP issues 635/655

Posted Nov 17, 2022 09:10 AM

Thanks for the reply. 

I ended up figuring it out while I had to wait for the pathetic moderation time.   I was super upset that while I was working on an issue,  I had to wait on something like that but .. I guess aruba has had people bad mouth their products and they need to filter it??   All I know is its very concerning as a customer.

It was in fact the controller version,  I ended up just searching what firmwares the 655 offers and started guessing on the 635.    Thankfully it was only a few minutes after posting but of course I had to then wait an undisclosed amount of time to find out when the posts went online.   At first I didn't even see a notification that it was being moderated,  just couldn't see my post.   

Their actual website from hpe was completely buggy while trying to register so having this part not work was not all surprising. 

• 4.  RE: Mixed envionment AP issues 635/655

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2022 09:17 AM
    The moderation time is to prevent spam that detracts from the conversation and sometimes steal people's personal information. 

Criticism of the product on the other hand is a goldmine for us to be able to improve the product.  I will allow a member of the moderation team to weigh in about the website issues.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 5.  RE: Mixed envionment AP issues 635/655

Posted Nov 17, 2022 10:25 AM

I wouldn't think airheads community forum would get a lot of spam but I'm not a forum admin  :P   

I just didn't think it was very customer friendly to buy /sell a product and come on here and not be able to post without approval.   Just my 2 cents.     On other forums I've seen moderation used to pretty much prevent any negative light given upon their product, hence my questioning the need for it.   Thankfully in my case I figured it out minutes after posting,  but even then couldn't share my solution immediately as I had to wait until I got an email of someone responding.  

Thanks for the response.  

• 6.  RE: Mixed envionment AP issues 635/655

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2022 10:39 AM
    I apologize for your experience @RyanWardPCS

@cjoseph is correct about the spam, we do receive alot of it and need to validate each account. Unfortunately you caught a gap in moderation coverage when you posted. It has been addressed.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.
    ​​​