Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor and campus locations with Aruba access points, and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Models of Directional Antennas

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Models of Directional Antennas

Posted 18 days ago
    We use an Aruba - Campus mode environment in all of our offices.  All of the Access points are indoor access points that have a n omni-directional range.  What Is The Difference Between An Omnidirectional Antenna And A Directional Antenna?

I have been tasked with finding some antennas that will have directional antennas.  So we can potentially focus wireless range in a specific location.  I guess the idea is if the staff is at a loading dock and there is a cement wall where the loading dock gates rise, we want the wireless signals to extend to where the semi trucks go.

Are there any Aruba Access Points that we can use with directional antennas?  So we can point the wireless range in a specific direction?

------------------------------
    Stavros K

• 2.  RE: Models of Directional Antennas

Posted 18 days ago
    AP-367 - is that too much?

https://community.arubanetworks.com/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=7&MID=15670&CommunityKey=867d34a4-1e6a-4b9a-9349-df7b4c84b3cb&tab=digestviewer

I guess we are looking for Indoor Access Points with directional antennas.

Stavros K

• 3.  RE: Models of Directional Antennas

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 18 days ago
    you can use AP-567s which have built-in directional antennas (90°H x 90°V). very easy to install., they are outdoor APs but you can also use them indoor.
    here is the datasheet for it
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/resource/560-series-access-points-data-sheet/

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.