Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

MSM 720 J9693 Firmware upgrade - No results for Drivers and Software for this product

This thread has been viewed 43 times
  • 1.  MSM 720 J9693 Firmware upgrade - No results for Drivers and Software for this product

Posted May 02, 2023 12:13 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue to find firmware to an old MSM 720 Wireless controller. When I try to find to search firmware at HPe support center (https://support.hpe.com/connect/s/product?ismnp=1&l5oid=3963981&cep=on&kmpmoid=5195172&tab=driversAndSoftware&view=grid) I get the "No results for Drivers and Software for this product" message.

Could you help me with that?

Regards

• 2.  RE: MSM 720 J9693 Firmware upgrade - No results for Drivers and Software for this product
    Best Answer

Posted May 03, 2023 09:22 AM

The MSM-series are end of life/end of support for quite some time. Even that long that when software downloads migrated to the new Aruba Support Portal some years ago, these were not ported over. I'm not aware of an official place to download MSM software, unfortunately. Be aware that all MSM firmware probably has known security vulnerabilities by now, and you should reconsider running it.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: MSM 720 J9693 Firmware upgrade - No results for Drivers and Software for this product

Posted May 03, 2023 10:55 AM

Hello Herman,

Thank you for the reply.
    Yes, I'm aware of the EOL and the know potencial security issues but my goal with this update is to use the controller as test lab with the old MSM430.
    It's not good to hear that there isn't an official place to download old softwares/firmware, but I understand.

Again, thank you and regards 

• 4.  RE: MSM 720 J9693 Firmware upgrade - No results for Drivers and Software for this product

Posted Sep 07, 2023 08:53 AM

I have some firmware's for msm720 : V5.7.9.0-MSM720-B23385.zip V6.5.0.1-MSM720-B19720.zip V6.5.3.0-MSM720-B22590.zip V6.6.0.0-MSM720-B22530.zip V6.6.9.1-MSM720-B23594.zip 

Now I'm missing certificates for it...

• 5.  RE: MSM 720 J9693 Firmware upgrade - No results for Drivers and Software for this product

Posted Sep 12, 2023 02:02 AM

May be someone can point me to certificates for MSM720 form this manual?

• 6.  RE: MSM 720 J9693 Firmware upgrade - No results for Drivers and Software for this product

Posted Sep 12, 2023 08:34 AM

That is described in that manual:

The certificates that are expiring are used by the MSM7xx Series controller to start the internal Radius server. Even with the expired certificates, the internal Radius server will still start and will function normally. These certificates are present only to allow EAP-PEAP to work if the client chooses not to verify the server's certificate. We recommend that you replace these certificates with your own certificates for maximum security.

The issue with the expired certificates is a cosmetic one, with an error message displayed indicating that the certificates are expiring, and with the certificates shown on the appropriate page of the GUI with a yellow or red dot for status rather than a green one.

So you should add your own, or generate a dummy certificate.

Note that MSM controllers are end-of-support, so you probably should not run these in production.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.