Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

MSM710 bringing it back to life - refuse login issue

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  MSM710 bringing it back to life - refuse login issue

Posted Jul 16, 2017 12:56 AM

Hi all,

Bringing an MSM710 back to life for my home network... runninginto some issues:0

1. It wants SSLv3 - I've managed to turn on SSLv3 on internet exploder - the rest of my browsers refuse it.. Is there a way of upgrading firmware to make this box secure? happy to pay for a support license if that is what it takes

2. Trying to login with admin/admin but I keep getting "Login refused" any suggestions? I only seem to be connected via http:// wireless.hp.internal:8080

#accesspointcontroller
    #wifi

• 2.  RE: MSM710 bringing it back to life - refuse login issue

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 16, 2017 06:03 AM
    The "Login refused" is probably due to bad login credential used for the "admin" user (was the default - admin - password changed in the past as suggested by HP on Quick Installation Guide?)...maybe bringing the MSM710 back to its factory default state would help...regarding the MSM710 firmware availability, a check through HPE Support Portal should be easy...but keep in mind that MSM710' EoS phase started on April 2013 in favour of MSM720 as proposed product replacement.

• 3.  RE: MSM710 bringing it back to life - refuse login issue

Posted Jul 16, 2017 07:15 AM

Thanks Parnassus,

I did do a "hold the reset button in until three long flashes type factory reset, I can't find anywhere is that does actually reset the password, but uts the only factory reset I can see...

will check the portal for firmware...

• 4.  RE: MSM710 bringing it back to life - refuse login issue

Posted Jul 16, 2017 07:21 AM

For anyone searching... here is where you get the firmware - with a valid support agreement

https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/Downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=J9325A&lang=en&cc=us&prodSeriesId=3963981