Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

MSM765 SOAP API + built in web server documentation

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  MSM765 SOAP API + built in web server documentation

Posted Dec 03, 2013 04:23 AM

We have a bunch of MSM765 controllers running SW version 6.2.0.0-14963. I'm in the process of writing some custom ASP pages for the build in web server, and write a custom ticket system by consuming the SOAP API.

So, my questions are:

1.) Where can I get information about the build in web server? If you take a look at the index.asp file that comes with the controller, you'll notice the part at the very top saying:

/* This function will initialize a bunch of access_* ASP variables. */
    	LoadAccessInformation();
    	/* Those variables are now accessible for ASP code:
    	 * - access_free
    	 * - access_purchase
    	 * - etc... (see documentation for complete list).
    	 */

Now, where can I get the documentation this line is referring to ("see documentation for complete list")? How can i dump all the access_* variables? Where can I find a list of those variables? And, where can I find a list of buit in functions like the GetOriginalUrl(); function?

Also, the latest SOAP API documentation from HP is v5.5.0 (http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/support/software/misc.aspx) which is very dated, to say the least. Where can I get a newer version? The old documentation contains a lot of deprecated hints, and I want to know what changed since 2011. Now I know I can generate a proxy using the WSDL file any time, but this is no real documentation to me, just a list of supported operations without meaningful context.

#EWS

• 2.  RE: MSM765 SOAP API + built in web server documentation

Posted Dec 04, 2013 03:24 AM

Hi,

I have not found any recent doc myself, so I would recommend opening a support ticket and see if they can provide some updated doc...

Best regards,Peter.

• 3.  RE: MSM765 SOAP API + built in web server documentation

Posted Dec 10, 2013 09:09 AM
    You can get the WSDL file on the controller

Controller -> Management -> SOAP