Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

New DHCP Server Setup on 2930m switches

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  New DHCP Server Setup on 2930m switches

Posted 2 days ago

I'm setting up two dhcp server's for our network. A dhcp server and a failover dhcp server. Say the dhcp server ip addresses are, 10.0.5.5/24 and 10.0.5.6/24 and the vlan for that ip range is vlan 5. Then, there are various ip scopes setup on the dhcp server, vlan 6, 7, 8. 9, and 10. The vlan interfaces are setup on the switch matching the dhcp server scopes with an ip address. How would I setup the ports that the dhcp servers will be plugged into so that all my vlans will get an address from the dhcp servers? Thank you for your help.

• 2.  RE: New DHCP Server Setup on 2930m switches

Posted 2 days ago

Good morning

The DHCP server must be in VLAN 5, as you said, this segment is responsible for the DHCP management IPs 10.0.5.5/24 and 10.0.5.6/24.

------------------------------
    Leonardo Xavier
    Analista de Redes
    hcor
    acma
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: New DHCP Server Setup on 2930m switches

Posted 2 days ago

Thank you, I wasn't sure if I just needed to untag just that vlan on the port and tag the rest. Makes sense though that I would  just need to add the vlan for the DHCP ip address .