Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Aruba Instant Wi-Fi: Meet the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set-up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget.
Expand all | Collapse all

No-Auth guest SSID with expiration time

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  No-Auth guest SSID with expiration time

Posted Jun 25, 2022 05:43 AM
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to Aruba controllers and was trying to create guest WLAN for temp. users who visit our facility.

our previous setup was allowing users to get 1 hour free connection without any username or password.

is there any way to do the same on aruba? the current software version is 8.7, I'm using Aruba 7210 WLC.

thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: No-Auth guest SSID with expiration time

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 25, 2022 06:09 PM
    Are you saying that after 1 hour they should be redirected to a captive portal where you ask for a username and password?

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: No-Auth guest SSID with expiration time

Posted Jun 26, 2022 01:03 AM

Yes, exactly.

FMC Samir Rafid
    Network Architect
    Work +964 (0)770 900 0000 -  Ext. 4148
    Mobile +964 (0)772 333 4148
    Email Samir.Rafid@farukmedicalcity.com
    Web www.farukmedicalcity.com

The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.

• 4.  RE: No-Auth guest SSID with expiration time

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 26, 2022 06:31 AM
    That would only be possible with a third party Captive Portal solution like ClearPass

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 5.  RE: No-Auth guest SSID with expiration time

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 03, 2022 09:30 PM
    with clearpass, it can be configured to send RADIUS session-timeout along with change of user-role to redirect the client to a captive-portal.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.