Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

No emails from Insight

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  No emails from Insight

Posted Aug 25, 2023 07:13 AM

Hi,

We have set up and successfully sent a test email from Clear Pass (policy manager), but nothing comes through from our Insight alerts, is there something we are missing?

I am trying to see TACACs authentication errors, but nothing comes through once it is enabled. There are no SMTP options within insight itself for us, only with in Clear Pass Policy Manager. Our TACACs alert looks like this: (tried both warnings and critical under the severity).

• 2.  RE: No emails from Insight

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2023 02:37 AM

you need to add a messaging server to ClearPass Policy Manager

then test it with "send test email" button

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: No emails from Insight

Posted Aug 29, 2023 03:51 AM

Ye, if you see the first part of my message, that's what I have already done. We can send tests without problems. This is all I can find on what needs to be done, so a little unsure why it doesn't work.

• 4.  RE: No emails from Insight

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 31, 2023 03:10 AM

when you create a new report of category TACACS, you should get "notify by email" before your filters.

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: No emails from Insight

Posted Aug 31, 2023 03:19 AM

Ye I have ticked that and put an email address in the box.