Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor and campus locations with Aruba access points, and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Packet Capture for Multicast Traffic Inbound, Vocera

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Packet Capture for Multicast Traffic Inbound, Vocera

Posted Dec 09, 2020 11:17 AM
      |   view attached

I am troubleshooting a Vocera issue where someone broadcasts to a group of folks and the (Multicast group) Audio is intermittent, slow to start or not coming through at all. I have attempted to setup a Wireshark capture in our controller cluster to capture the data path traffic to the Vocera Badge I am working with.

In the capture I have tried sending to a IP destination and the local filesystem and the results are the same. I am simply unable to see the Multicast traffic in the capture when the badge I am using is receiving audio and has joined the multicast group in in a Vocera broadcast. I can however see the RTP traffic stream in the capture when I use the same badge to transmit to the Vocera broadcast group.

What am I missing to see the RTP multicast traffic when receiving traffic from a Multicast group? I know the traffic is there I just cannot see those packets in the capture nor can I reassemble it because it is missing.

We are running 8.6.0.5 code on 7220 controllers managed by a MM. I have attached a photo of the Badge when receiving a working stream, you can see the join and leave of the group but no RTP traffic in between.

Any insight or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Christopher Calhoun
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Packet Capture for Multicast Traffic Inbound, Vocera

Posted 15 days ago

Hi Christopher, did you ever resolve this issue?  We are having similar issues on our 7210 controllers running 8.6.0.x and we are running AP-515 across our infrastructure.

Thanks,

Damien