Security

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

PANW Ingress Events Not Recognized

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  PANW Ingress Events Not Recognized

Posted Aug 23, 2019 03:31 PM

I have my Palo Alto firewall sending threat logs to ClearPass, but they aren't being recognized by the ingress dictionaries. I've tried the ones posted here, but they did not help.

• 2.  RE: PANW Ingress Events Not Recognized
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 28, 2019 07:24 AM

I figured this out, you need a custom log format set in PAN-OS.

action="$action",actionflags="$actionflags",app="$app",category="$category",cef-formatted-receive_time="$cef-formatted-receive_time",cef-formatted-time_generated="$cef-formatted-time_generated",contenttype="$contenttype",direction="$direction",dport="$dport",dst="$dst",dstloc="$dstloc",dstuser="$dstuser",flags="$flags",from="$from",inbound_if="$inbound_if",logset="$logset",misc="$misc",natdport="$natdport",natdst="$natdst",natsport="$natsport",natsrc="$natsrc",number-of-severity="$number-of-severity",outbound_if="$outbound_if",proto="$proto",receive_time="$receive_time",repeatcnt="$repeatcnt",rule="$rule",seqno="$seqno",serial="$serial",sessionid="$sessionid",severity="$severity",sport="$sport",src="$src",srcloc="$srcloc",srcuser="$srcuser",subtype="$subtype",threatid="$threatid",time_generated="$time_generated",time_received="$time_received",to="$to",type="$type",vsys="$vsys"

CPPM Custom Log Format.png

• 3.  RE: PANW Ingress Events Not Recognized

Posted Nov 24, 2023 10:16 AM

Hi,

Im trying to do the integration with Palo Alto as well using the IEE Threat. I followed your syslog format in Palo Alto. However, CPPM v.6.9.11 still cannot parse the logs. I tried everything already from the Integration guide up to the discussion forums. Is somebody at this point perfected it?