Comware

View Only
last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Procurve 5412zl: OSPF routing issue

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Procurve 5412zl: OSPF routing issue

Posted Apr 10, 2018 04:44 PM
      |   view attached

Good morning, all! Configuration is two sites (A & B), each joined with a dediated WAN link for inter-office traffic *and* redundant backup in event one site loses internet connectivity (all traffic fails over to other site); each site has its own dedicated internet WAN that is used except in failure events.

Site A: rtr ID 1.1.1.1, IP 172.17.254.1, WAN router IP 172.16.200.1, ISP route IP 10.1.1.1 (example)

Site B: rtr ID 1.1.1.2, IP 172.17.253.1, WAN router IP 172.16.200.2, ISP route IP 20.1.1.1 (example)

We recently updated the firmware on both office 5412zl's to 16.01.0013; after rebooting one site (site B) started routing all traffic across the WAN link to site A; no traffic is being sent out the ISP route at site B.  Subsequent reboots have had zero effect; all site B traffic still routing over WAN link to site A.

I would expect to see a routing table entry for 0.0.0.0/0 to gateway 20.1.1.1 (the ISP router), but the only 0.0.0.0/0 I see in the OSPF route table is pointing at the WAN link router at site A (172.16.200.1).

At this point I'm at a loss as to what I need to check or recreate to get the OSPF route for the undefined routes/VLANs from routing (yes, we inter-office traffic is routed over the WAN link, so that can't change).  Something is missing here; I can't seem to locate exactly WHAT setting to the outside world is evidently failing, and out ISP has said nothing changed on their side.  What should I look for next?  I assume the OSPF failover for 0.0.0.0 is normal, but what needs to happen for it to stop routing that traffic again?  The ISP interface is up and working fine; I can ping directly from our premise firewall (Dell Sonicwall NSA2600) to outside IPs directly through the interface to the ISP router.  I've attached a quick snipper of OSPF Link-State and the first few routes in the routing table on the 5412zl in question.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Stev

#Sonicwall
    #ospf
    #routing