Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

RA-Guard on CX6100?

Jump to Best Answer
This thread has been viewed 49 times
  • 1.  RA-Guard on CX6100?

Posted Jun 08, 2022 09:11 AM
    How to enable RA-Guard on CX6100?
    The datasheet says it can do it, but nothing in the Command Reference guide.
    *nd-snooping doesn't seem to apply to the 6100 series

• 2.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 08, 2022 07:28 PM
    I dont think this is supported on 6100, where did you see that it is supported in DS?
    This is the extract from DS

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2022 12:24 AM
    Hi Starsky,

I've checked IP Services Guides for the platform (for ver. 10.08 and 10.09), no mention of ND Snooping and/or RA Guard in particular. However the QuickSpecs for the 6100 promises this feature:

When there is a mismatch between the specs on one side and guides/actual CLI of the device on another side in 90% of cases it is a typo (or should I say a copy-paste problem) in the specs. 

Ivan Bondar

• 4.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2022 02:09 AM
    I would generally go with datasheet instead of quickspecs

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2022 02:14 AM
    Exactly, that was my point - the discrepancy between DS/Guides on one side and QuickSpecs on another side might be the cause of this confusion :)

Ivan Bondar

• 6.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

Posted Jun 09, 2022 03:59 AM
    Thanks for your replies and the heads-up that the QuickSpecs sheet is not to be trusted.
    Unfortunately we've already bought 100 of the CX6100s for our edge and now can't implement this required feature.

• 7.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2022 04:03 AM
    Starsky, I suggest you to contact the HPE Sales in your region asap and check with them for available options.

Ivan Bondar

• 8.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

Posted Jun 09, 2022 01:08 PM
    Recently I ran into the same issue: The current HPE Quickspecs mention RA-Guard for 6000 and 6100 but it's not implemented.
    https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00021859enw
    It's available on 2530, 2540 and 2930 but on CX only 6300 and 6400.

I opened a case at Aruba Support 2 weeks ago and they've send me a link to the feature-navigator which states that this feature is not available on 6000/6100. They advised me to make a feature request via Innovation Zone, but I'm unable to access Innovation Zone, receiving some cryptic web error message. Currently fighting with Aruba support again, how to get access.

HPE/Aruba doesn't really seem to be interested to correct the misleading information in the quickspecs.

Meanwhile you could try to block IPv6 RA with access-lists.

• 9.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

Posted Jun 09, 2022 01:08 PM
    Recently I ran into the same issue: The current HPE Quickspecs mention RA-Guard for 6000 and 6100 but it's not implemented.
    https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00021859enw
    It's available on 2530, 2540 and 2930 but on CX only 6300 and 6400.

I opened a case at Aruba Support 2 weeks ago and they've send me a link to the feature-navigator which states that this feature is not available on 6000/6100.
    They advised me to make a feature request via Innovation Zone, but I'm unable to access Innovation Zone, receiving some cryptic error message. Currently fighting with Aruba support again, how to get access.

HPE/Aruba doesn't really seem to be interested to correct the misleading information in the quickspecs.

Meanwhile you could try to block IPv6 RA with access-lists.

Henry

• 10.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

Posted Jun 10, 2022 06:16 AM
    I open a new idea at Innovation zone for this problem. Please vote for it. More votes higher the chances to be implemented.

https://innovate.arubanetworks.com/ideas/SWITCH-I-781

Best, Gorazd

• 11.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

Posted Jun 10, 2022 08:13 AM
    Thanks Gorazd, that's great - unfortunately I can't seem to log in to that 'SSO' portal (even though I can log on to the ASP portal.)

• 12.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

Posted Jun 10, 2022 08:47 AM
    Thanks. I would vote for this idea but I don't have access to the link, too.
    Aruba doesn't give access to Innovation Zone without some type of Support Contract. It just shows a cryptic logon error. I opened a case but my request was denied.

Henry

• 13.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

Posted Jun 13, 2022 04:40 AM
    Same here - no access but I do need this as I migrate from ArubaOS-S to CX.  .