Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Radio 0 and 1 disabled on MSM460 connected to MSM760

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Radio 0 and 1 disabled on MSM460 connected to MSM760

Posted Oct 07, 2021 03:44 AM

Hi all,

I moved 2 APs  MSM460 from MSM720 to MSM760 , they get IP addresses from DHCP and are synchronized on controller but theirs radios interfaces still disabled.Capture.PNG

On syslog: 

Oct 4 15:54:28.157 err confighandler: WIRELESS_set_private_int(wvlan0) cfgerr:(2) syserr:(No such file or directory)
    Oct 4 15:54:28.204 err confighandler: WIRELESS_set_private_int(wvlan1) cfgerr:(2) syserr:(No such file or directory)

Did you have an idea of disabling of channel ?

#wireless

• 2.  RE: Radio 0 and 1 disabled on MSM460 connected to MSM760

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 07, 2021 07:50 AM

Hello, 

Did you actually check the configuration? Maybe the radios of the APs are simply disabled?

On the left side of the GUI you have the Network Tree. Expand Controlled APs and the AP group of the new APs. Select the APs name under the group.  Then go to the top side menu and click on Radio management. You should see the Radios configuration of the AP. If you see no checkmarks in the checkboxes before Radio 1 and Radio 2, then they are disabled.  Maybe you can make a screenshot of the Radio configuration.

Please also check the Radio configuration at the AP group level: Network Tree ->Ap group ---->Radio Management ->MSM460.

Check if VSCs are bound to the AP group:  Network Tree ->Ap group ----> VSC bindings.

• 3.  RE: Radio 0 and 1 disabled on MSM460 connected to MSM760

Posted Oct 08, 2021 09:13 AM

I thank you very much for giving of your time to troubleshoot on my issue.

I compared the configuration of an AP with antennas enabled (AP06-LT5)  and i don’t see any real difference!   I thought to an issue with the POE on switch and it isn’t the case (the power supplied is 5Watts for all APs)

I have this problem of  disabled antennas with 2 APs coming from another site : they were associated to controller MSM720  and In your case, the controller on site is MSM760.

Configuration AP06-LT5 with enabled antennas:

3.png

Configuration AP07-LT1-ProcessCrema  with disabled  antennas:

5.png

I tested by unchecking ‘INHERENT’ option but without effect.

• 4.  RE: Radio 0 and 1 disabled on MSM460 connected to MSM760

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 08, 2021 09:40 AM

Hello, 

Not sure if I see it correctly, it may be different on your browser but I think that Radio 1 and Radio 2 are unchecked in both screenshots you provided. "Inherited" is also unchecked which means that you should be able to modify this configuration.

Here is how an enabled radio should look like. I am using MSM 6.6.40 and Google Chrome.

Capture.JPG

After setting the checkmark you should click on save. The AP will become unsynchronized, you have to synchronize it in order to apply the changes.

Or you can set the checkmark before Inherited, click save and check if the checkmarks before RAdio 1 and Radio 2 were set. Enabling Inheritance means that you apply the AP group settings to this AP.

Another option is to check what type of AP groups you have on the MSM760 and if the APs are in the correct group at the moment. You can change the group of an AP by selecting the AP in the Network Tree (left side of the GUI) then opening top side menu Device Management and selecting a different AP group from the drop down menu. Drag and Drop within the Network Tree should also be possible.