Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

RADIUS AND TACACS SERVER UNREACHABLE 8325 ARUBA SWITCH

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  RADIUS AND TACACS SERVER UNREACHABLE 8325 ARUBA SWITCH

Posted 8 hours ago

Hello everyone,

I have a concern regarding the 8325 aruba switch since I want to integrate a tacacs to make a centralize user management with CPPM. the tacacs perfectly works on 6300M access switches where user from cppm local db are able to authenticate using there credentials if they are authorized to access the devices. for aruba 8325 switch I need to configure a tacacs server but before I perfrom the aaa authorization login ssh tacacs local I need first to verify the radius server connectivity from 8325 switch to cppm but here is what I've encountered.

Troubleshooting:

Did you try to ping the cppm management IP from aruba 8325 switch ? yes, I was able to ping the cppm management IP

What AOS-CX version you have in 8325 switch ?

Please show if the radius and tacacs tracking are enable in 8325 switch ?

Please show the radius server detail to verify the connectivity ?

Please show tacacs server detail to verify the connectivity

• 2.  RE: RADIUS AND TACACS SERVER UNREACHABLE 8325 ARUBA SWITCH

Posted 8 hours ago

BTW this is a vsx setup but as of now I cant able to access the core 2 since I already configured the tacacs as default authentication without verifying the radius and tacacs connectivity . I already learned from my mistake soo before I perform the tacacs auth command I need to verify it first so I can check if there is a misconfiguration or tacacs server is not really accessible .

• 3.  RE: RADIUS AND TACACS SERVER UNREACHABLE 8325 ARUBA SWITCH

MVP GURU
    Posted 6 hours ago
    Not an expert about TACAS on AOS-CX but your Aruba 8325 AOS 10.05 is, as of today, running on unsupported AOS-CX 10.05 (2020!). If I were you I will "rinse and repeat" your test only after upgrading it to supported (current) AOS-CX software LSR/SSR lines using their latest available builds (I would probably go with 10.13 LSR or with 10.14 SSR...).

• 4.  RE: RADIUS AND TACACS SERVER UNREACHABLE 8325 ARUBA SWITCH

Posted 6 hours ago

Hi,

That was im thinking also to do a firmware upgrade since 10.5 is a bit old firmware . I'll try to upgrade it first then I'll get back if I face some issues

Thanks