Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Recommended Airwave RAPIDS Configuration

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Recommended Airwave RAPIDS Configuration

Posted Nov 14, 2023 06:35 PM

Hello all,

I am looking for some suggestions on the proper configuration for RAPIDS in Airwave. I would like some additional context the additional rules that can be added beyond the default rules to make sure I am utilizing the full potential of RAPIDS. I have already added a 'Match SSID' rule that will classify an AP that try's to use the same SSID as one that is a part of our infrastructure. If someone could please give me some other examples with explanation, it would be greatly appreciated! 

• 2.  RE: Recommended Airwave RAPIDS Configuration
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 16, 2023 02:40 AM

Sorry to say but there is no "Best Practise" Rule because every RF Environment is different. Every Protection demands are diffenerent. You will maybe setup different rule sets when your location is based in an heavy RF environment than if you are in teh country side without RF neighbors.

There are some Recommendations on documentation - https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/AirWave/82131/webhelp/Content/AWUserGuide/Chapter6_RAPIDS/Recommended_RAPIDS_Rules.htm

You always have to balance between notification and action which is taken out of those.

• 3.  RE: Recommended Airwave RAPIDS Configuration

Posted Nov 16, 2023 09:34 AM

Thanks for the reply, I followed the documentation and it has been working well. Thank you for the suggestion!